Below you can find a step by step guide, taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website.
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Go to Administration > Tools > Import
- Choose WordPress from the list, install and activate the theme.
- Run Importer
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to select the .xml file of your choice from the "Demo Content" folder of your downloaded package.
- Click "Upload file and Import"
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog.
For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the Download and import file attachments box and then click "Submit"
- Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. So be patient and do not refresh the page until the All done. Have fun! message appears.
- After that, you will need to
- Go to Settings > Reading and set "Front page displays" to "A static page (select below)" and select "HOME" for Front Page and "BLOG" for Posts Page
- Go to Appearance > Menus and check "Primary Navigation" for the "Main menu" location and save.
- You also have to go to Appearance > Widgets and setup Sidebars and Widgets. This is a limitation of WordPress’ import system.
- Enjoy Aturo!
Aturo is responsive, powerfull WordPress theme that will showcase your work in beautiful, simple, and clean metro layout. This theme has very attractive menu which button is located on the right top screen. The screenshot below will gives you a rough overview of the general layout.
- 1. Header Logo
Logo of your website that displayed in the header section. There is one more type of logo, it is side menu logo that will displayed above the side menu list when you click menu button. By default, this theme use Fullscreen Menu style, not the Side Menu one. But you can change the menu style in the theme options.
- 2. Menu Button
WordPress allows you to create your own custom menus from pages, category items, internal links, and external links. Using your theme settings you can define where certain menus appears. By default, the menu will be displayed covering the page when you click the menu button. You can change menu style in the theme options.
- 3. Search Bar
Search to any post on the web that contain the spesific keyword you might seek.
- 4. Cart Icon
This theme supports WooCommerce (Online Store WordPress Plugin). Click the icon to brings you to the cart page.
- 5. Background Changer
Change the background of website without touching of any code.
- 6. Portfolio Post (Part 1)
All portfolio were displayed partially here (part 1) and below the Homepage Middle Section (part 2), but you may choose which one is should be displayed. Click on the portfolio title to go to the detail page.
- 7. Welcome Message
You may introduce your company, show the company tag line, or show other message here to inspire them.
- 8. Homepage Middle Section
Display the excerpt of a certain page. You may choose which page excerpt is should be displayed. Click Read More Button to go to the detail page.
- 9. Portfolio Post (Part 2)
This is the sequential part of portfolio were displayed on part 1 (above Homepage Middle Section).
- 10. Footer Text
The bottom section of a web page contains information like copyright notices.
- 11. Social Media Icon
Links to your social media accounts represented in icons.
Administration > MTC Options
Theme options is a custom admin page which comes with some WordPress themes. It allows users to change theme settings without modifying theme files or touching any code. These theme option pages can be very simple with a handful options or it can have tons of customization options split into either tabs or multiple pages.
Here's how to make change or set the Aturo Theme. You are not required to understand web programming language to customize the theme. The simple way to edit the theme is just by clicking a few buttons corresponding to the type of customization that will be displayed in the editing area. Here's the theme options page:
- A. MTC Options Menu
Click this menu to open the theme options panel.
- B. MTC Theme Options Panel
All the customization setting were available here.
- 1. Home Setting Menu
Click the Home Setting menu to set the homepage site.
- 2. Menu Style
There are two menu styles comes with this theme. They are Fullscreen Menu and Side Menu. Fullscreen menu will cover site page when you click menu button in your side, while the side menu will be displayed at the right side of your site without covering site page.
- 3. Side Menu Logo
Side menu logo will be displayed above the menu list when you choose Side Menu Style. Click upload button to choose the logo from existing media library or to take an image from your computer.
- 4. Homepage Middle Section
Choose a page that will be displayed in the middle of homepage.
- 5. Welcome Message
Greet and inspire your visitor by writing welcome message here. This message will be displayed in the welcome message section in your homepage. By default, you will see little part of HTML Code in the form. You can change the HTML Code if you want. It is required to understand HTML to change the code.
The eaziest way to change the message is changing the text between HTML Code represented by brackets <> and </>.
- 6. Welcome Message Banner
You can change the banner (background image) of your message by clicking the upload button, then select an existing image from site media library, or upload image from your computer.
- 1. Header Logo
You can change the header logo by clicking the upload button to use an image in your media library or to take the image from your computer.
- 2. Favicon
Favicon, also known as web site icon, tab icon or bookmark icon, will be displayed in the browser tab. You can upload your 16x16 pixel png/gif image for your favicon.
- 3. Login Logo
This logo will be displayed in the administration login page. You can use your own login logo by clicking upload button to use an image in your media library or to take the image from your computer. Please use 323 x 67 pixel image.
- 4. Tracking Code
You can insert Google Analytics code here.
- 5. Footer Text
You can write your site information here, copyright or the other information. Text will be displayed in the footer of your site.
- 6. Sidebar
If you choose "On", then the sidebar will be activated and displayed in single page or single post display.
Please refer to the explanation below screenshot:
- 1. Tile Background
Switch On to activate custom background. If it were activate, then you can upload your own background image.
- 2. Preset Background
Visitor may change the background by clicking the background changer and choose the desired background available in the panel (see "Home Overview" section above). However, if visitor were not change the background, then the preset background will be used as body background.
- 3. Custom Background Image
You may choose your own background image. There are several corresponding option:
- Background Repeat - Determine your background repetition. Repeat all will repeat your image horizontally and vertically.
- Background size - There are three types of background sizes, they are cover, contain, and inherit. Cover background will tell the browser to make sure the image always covers the entire container, even if it has to stretch the image or cut a little bit off one of the edges. Contain will show the whole image, even if that leaves a little space to the sides or bottom. Inherit will make the background size follow the parent background size property. Inherit means follow the parent elements property.
- Background attachment - There are three types of background attachment, they are fixed, scroll, and inherit. Fixed will make site background stay at its place even you scroll the page any direction. Scoll, make you background follow your scrolling action. Inherit will make the background attachment follow the parents property.
- Background Position - determine your background image position.
- 4. Image Upload
You can insert URL Image to be used as your background, or you can upload the image from your computer by clicking upload button.
- 5. Custom CSS
You can write your own CSS code if you want to add it to the theme.
You can set different font style for headings or other section by activating manual setting. Please refer to the explanation below screenshot:
- 1. Setting Mode
Switch it on to customize the typography setting, otherwise the site will use the default typography setting.
- 2. General Typography Setting
Set the body content typography of your site.
- 3. Navigation Menu
Set the navigation menu typography of your site.
- 4. Post Title
This will set the post title typography.
- 5. Widget Title
You can adjust widget title typography here. You can set the font family, font color, text align, font weight, font size, and line height.
You can add links of your social media account by inserting full URL of your social media account. Follow these eazy step to add your social media account links:
- Open you social media account profile
- Copy full URL were shown in your browser address (including "http://")
- Paste in the corresponding field in Social Media Setting
- Save Changes
You can leave the field empty to remove the social media links from your site. Here the screenshot of social media setting panel.
Add New Portfolio
We provide eazy way for you to add your portfolio to your site. What you need to do is just filling the corresponding information in the available form. Pleaser refer to the explanation below screenshot:
- 1. Portfolio Title
Give the title of your portfolio.
- 2. Portfolio Description
This is the portfolio description editor. You can insert image, format the typography, and other type setting. To insert picture, click Add Media button located on upper left side of the editor box.
- 3. Client Detail
Set of client and project information. You may add sliders image by clicking upload images button located in the bottom side of the client detail box.
- 4. Publication Status
Here, your can save your portfolio as a draft if you don't want to publish immadiately, or set the publication schedule. Before publish, you can see how the portfolio will look once it's published by clicking preview button.
- 5. Portfolio Categories
You may grouping the portfolio into some categories. Click Add New Portfolio Category to add new category, or activate the checkbox to choose the excisting category/ies.
- 6. Featured Image
Featured image is an image that can be used as representation of your portfolio. If you have already insert an image in the editor box, but leave featured image empty, then the image in the editor will be used as featured image.
Widget & Sidebar
Administration > Appearance > Widgets
Widget is small block performs a spesific functions. Widgets should be placed in a certain position either sidebar, headerbar, or footer. This theme provide main sidebar so the widget could be placed. Please refer the explanation below screenshot:
- 1. Available Widgets
Contain several widgets you can use in your sidebar. To use the widget, simply drag and drop to the main sidebar.
- 2. Main Sidebar
Main sidebar is sidebar that will always be displayed on each side of the main content where the posts or pages is found.
- 3. Inactive Sidebar
Widget in this sidebar will not displayed anywhere. This sidebar will be automatically fully removed when there is no widget inside it.
- 4. Inactive Widgets
Drag the widgets from sidebar to this block in order to deactivate the widgets and keep their settings.