Importing Demo Content
Below explanation is an step by step explanation on how to import our demo website content, please read carefully and if you face any problems that is not covered here, open a thread in our support forum.
- Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
- Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Click on the WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet (3.0+).
- Browse the included demoContent.xml (XML file) from main Zip Package > DummyContent.zip and Upload the XML file.
- You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- please note in our dummy content none of the images will be downloaded because of copyright restrictions. You will need to add your images manually. However some images like that their right belog to us will be imported.
- WordPress will then import each of the posts, page, custom post types, comments, and categories contained in this file into your site.
- Notice that the Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. We have added a folder called "widgets" inside dummyContent folder. please read the txt file and follow steps to import demo widgets.
- You should also notice the main navigation and other menus locations also seems empty. To set them up go to appearance => menus. from header tab click on "Manage Locations". Now select the menu locations accordingly and save settings. Please be informed mega menu option will not be imported and you should manually go to menu items that needs this option to be turned on. for how to do it refer to menu section of this docs.
- After this, you should also update the Menus by going to Appearance > Menus. Locate the Theme Locations box and select from the drop-down “Main Navigation” as respect to the locations the selectbox label indicates. Click the Save button under it to save the changes.
- Done! You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.